Grid Solutions for source code compilation
- ElectricCloud, work very well with Clearcase
- IncrediBuild, a Windows-based distributed build and compilation solution for Visual Studio builds as well as SCons, JAM and several make variants
- Apple computer's network build, a free distributed build solution that come with OSX
- Globus :
- LSF : LSF is a load balancing tool, it will only pick a less loaded system in the cell to run your job. It will not break up the tasks in your makefile and distribute them to different execution hosts within a cell.
- Grid Engine:
- distcc : is a good solution if you only need to compile source code with the gcc compiler. It can't work well with native vendor compilers.
- GNU make 3.80 compatible distmake comes with a Grid Engine integration.